Tue - Sat, 12 - 6PM / 212.937.6580 / 540 W 21st St. New York, NY 10011
DDC 2007 focused on taking art and actions to the streets. Students engaged in urban research in the form of public interactions and street art. Participants studied the techniques, politics and groups involved in executing such projects, and learned about the practice and theory behind participatory actions, art, and activism. DDC students developed individual and team projects derived from their communities and lives. At the conclusion of each week of DDC; the projects were be displayed in an evolving 5-week long exhibition alongside the projects installed in Eyebeam’s 10 year exhibition.
Program blog: http://digitaldaycamp07.blogspot.com/
Camp Schedule: July 9-28, 2007
– Week One: Monday, July 9-Thursday July 12 (1-5pm)
– Week Two: Monday, July 16-Thursday, July 19 (1-5pm)
– Week Three: Monday, July 23-Thursday, July 26 (1:00-5:00pm)
– Dress Rehearsal: Friday, July 27 (3-5pm)-Dress rehearsal for public presentations.
– Public Presentations and Reception: Saturday, July 28 (12-6pm) Exhibition reception & public presentations.
Digital Day Camp is a digital arts education program for New York City high school students who are interested in experimenting, learning and creating with new technology tools. DDC demonstrates how exposure, training, and creating with multi-media tools can help prepare high school students for productive participation in the digital age.
Tags: DDC, DDC07, Digital Day Camp