Tue - Sat, 12 - 6PM / 212.937.6580 / 540 W 21st St. New York, NY 10011
States of Criticism, Credibility and Celebrity
November 3, 2005
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
540 W. 21st St.
With 9 million blogs, umpteen online message boards, thousands of shows on hundreds of cable channels, and an increased number of magazines on the newsstand, the number of outlets for expressing criticism has never been higher and the barriers to would-be critics have never been lower. Is this devaluing evaluation or does the shotgun approach result in better criticism? YOU be the Judge!
- Michael Atkinson, Village Voice Film Critic http://www.nyfcc.com/bioMATK.html
- Emily Gordon, Critic of the New Yorker http://www.emdashes.com
- Jason Kottke, Author of Kottke.org and self-proclaimed dilettante critic http://www.kottke.org
- Duncan Watts, Columbia University Sociology Professor http://www.gothamist.com/interview/archives/2004/06/29/duncan_watts_columbia_professor.php
- Moderator Steven Heller, Senior Art Director of the New York Times Book Review, Graphic Designer and Author http://www.aiga.org/content.cfm?ContentID=2190
Tags: media, criticism