Tue - Sat, 12 - 6PM / 212.937.6580 / 540 W 21st St. New York, NY 10011
Links for 2011-05-08 [del.icio.us]
- Desert Harvesters: Appreciating the Native Foods of the ...
- Forgotten Forefather: Paul Otlet - Boxes and Arrows: The design behind the design
- Image:American progress.JPG - New World Encyclopedia
This painting (circa 1872) by John Gast called American Progress is an allegorical representation of Manifest Destiny. In the scene, an angelic woman (sometimes identified as Columbia, a nineteenth-century personification of the United States) carries the light of "civilization" westward with American settlers, stringing telegraph wire as she travels. American Indians, buffalos and wild animals are driven into the darkness before them.
- Paintings and Photos of Manifest Destiny
- Hellmouth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- BibliOdyssey: Beatus Apocalypse
- Danse Macabre | Dance of Death
People: Marina Zurkow