34 35th St., Unit 26, Brooklyn, NY, 11232
Digital Day Camp (DDC)
DIGITAL DAY CAMP 2009 - PROGRAM INFORMATION
Deadline for Submission: Thursday, June 18, 2009
Notification of acceptance to program: Tuesday, June 25, 2009
Schedule: July 7-28, 2009. Mondays* - Thursdays, 1:30-5:30
• Week One: Tuesday*, July 7 - Thursday, July 9 (1:30-5:30pm)
• Week Two: Monday, July 13-Thursday, July 16 (1:30-5:30pm)
• Week Three: Monday, July 20-Thursday, July 23 (1:30-5:30pm)
• Wrap-Up: Monday, July 27 (1:30-5:30pm)
• Public Presentations and Reception: Tuesday, July 28 (6-8pm)
*Please note - DDC will begin on Tuesday, July 7th, due to the holiday weekend.
Stipend: $20 / day - paid out at the program's conclusion.
Location: All events will take place at Eyebeam - 540-548 W. 21st Street (10th & 11th Avenue)
About the program: DDC09 students will engage in lectures and hands-on workshops focusing on art and technology tools, careers in the field, and relevant social and artistic topics. Through their investigations, they will have the opportunity to research current themes in arts and technology, and develop their own project in response to what they discover. Projects will be promoted through Eyebeam's website, and through a final event.
DDC activities will be led by invited technology professionals, contemporary artists, and Eyebeam's current residents and fellows. Participants in past programs have engaged in project-based learning around themes of bio-tech, urban intervention, gaming, and wearable technology.
• Students are PAID a daily stipend of $20/day for their participation.
• Check out our website for examples of past projects here.
Student is eligible to apply if s/he:
- Is currently enrolled in a public high school;
- Can recruit a teacher, school staff member, or community group organizer to fill out the Recommendation form;
- Demonstrates an interest in art, technology, and/or social/political issues;
- Has an exemplary attendance record and a willingness to learn new things;
- Is available for the entire duration of each day at the Digital Day Camp!!!
Previous experience with new media tools and technology is not preferred or a prerequisite for the program. Ideal candidates are interested in new learning experiences and environments and opportunities to engage with different students and local artists.
How to Apply:
DDC will accept 16 students from NYC public high schools. Students must have been enrolled during the 2008-2009 school year.
Students wishing to apply should download the Application Packet. Once they have downloaded the packet, they should:
- Fill out a DDC Student Application Form
- Ask a faculty or staff member at his/her public school or community program to fill out a DDC Recommendation Form
- Submit all forms together with a resume (if available) to Stephanie Pereira via fax (212.937.6582) or email: stephanie [at] eyebeam [dot] org