34 35th St., Unit 26, Brooklyn, NY, 11232
Opening: Office Manager
Eyebeam is looking for an office manager to oversee day-to-day office duties. Position includes light bookkeeping and financial management responsibilities that are coordinated with offsite accountant. Should have ease working with Quickbooks software.
Part-time position, 2 days/wk. Hourly rate negotiable. Interested candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Office Manager”. The position involves:
- Manage all incoming and outgoing mail, and filing
- Communicate with alarm company and building management regarding key cards and security; train staff and residents in security procedure; track all keycards and alarm codes
- Oversee cleaning service
- Enter and edit donor information in database
- Replenish/order office supplies
- Gather and enter all financial and demographic information for annual Cultural Data Project
- Update ∙grant information
- Track employee vacation time
- Act as Benefits Administrator for health, dental, and life insurance and Transitcheck benefits
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Deposit checks
- Track costs associated with programs
- Match receipts with invoices
- Credit card reconciliations
- Assist with financial aspects of grant preparation and reporting
We look for Studio and Administrative internships on an ongoing basis. Due to the high volume of submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Eyebeam provides internship opportunities as part of the educational component of our mission. Interns play a vital role in our community, and we invite you to explore the opportunities available. Interns must be able to work a minimum of two full days per week, seven hours a day. Educational credit, a MetroCard, and a small stipend are available. In the past, interns have always developed connections to artists, technologists and designers of interest to them.
- project management for public and nonpublic events
- data entry and analysis
- mailings and errands
- assembling artist dossiers
- support in donor outreach.
Digital Fabrication Internship
The Digital Fabrication Intern will work directly with the Creative Tech Manager to maintain and operate various digital fabrication machines at Eyebeam. Additional, this person will help to organize and schedule equipment use for all creative residents.
- Eagerness to learn
- Highly organized
- Self direct
- Problem solver
- Working experience with various digital fabrication technologies (laser cutter, 3D printers, CNC)
- Experience with woodworking (safety practices, hand tools, power tools, joinery methods)
- Experience with audio and video equipment
Eyebeam seeks one Communications/Media Intern for the winter. The intern will work closely with the Communications Manager.
Tasks may include:
- the maintenance and expansion of Eyebeam's relationship to the press
- social media to connect to our audiences
- cultivation of our alum and supporter lists through emails
- creating content (recorded interviews and blogposts) about Eyebeam's incredible roster of current residents and alums.
- an ability to write for multiple lengths, contexts and audiences
- experience with administration and an office environment
- fluency with social media
- conversant with design and media editing skills
- curious about Eyebeam's storied history
Studio Interns will work directly with Eyebeam’s Residents and Fellows, whose needs range based on their field of work. When applying, please specify your experience in any/all of the following areas:
- Academic Research
- Writing and Editing
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
Computational Fashion Internship
The role of the Computational Fashion Intern will be to work directly with the Computational Fashion program coordinator in order to assist with the planning of all program related events. Some of the tasks you will be asked to assist with are as follows:
- Planning and organization of upcoming exhibitions
- Planning and organization of upcoming Computational Fashion Meetups & workshops.
- Development and updating of the Computational Fashion website.
A prime candidate for this position will not only have experience in event planning, but will also have a significant interest in and knowledge of creative applications for wearable computing and imbedded electronics.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the name of the internship (e.g. "Communications/Media Intern") in the subject line.