Applications Open – Administrative Assistant
Applications have now closed.
Eyebeam is seeking an organized arts administrator for a central supporting role in their nonprofit.
This Administrative Assistant will be supporting management in the organization and execution of day-to-day activities. In this very fast paced environment, it is important that the Administrative Assistant hit the ground running. This role works directly with the Executive Director and Manager of Operations, and will gain insight into the internal processes of a growing arts non-profit in NYC.
Eyebeam is a values-driven organization that supports its staff to grow and prosper in their roles. This also includes opportunities for professional development, flexible working environments, and access to their networks and artists and collaborators. Eyebeam values accessibility and inclusion in the workplace and in our programs, and encourages applicants to make access requests during this recruitment process and throughout the role. They provide paid leave and refresh days for this role ensuring staff feel supported and can find time to rest.
Reporting to: Executive Director and Manager of Operations
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
– Serve as the first point of contact for Eyebeam, monitoring phone messages and managing Eyebeam’s email addresses for response to general inquiries.
– Assist the Manager of Operations in the onboarding of contractors and staff.
– Assist the Manager of Operations to maintain the organization’s contact management software through Salesforce including adding new contacts, exporting reports, and training new staff.
– Maintaining the company software and technology including password management system, online meetings, and software licenses.
– Working with the Manager of Operations, coordinating all staff activities such as volunteer activities, social engagements and casual events.
– Manage and maintain the Executive Director’s calendar including scheduling appointments, internal/external meetings and conference calls.
– Coordinate Executive Director’s travel itineraries, flights, hotel accommodation, rental car and other travel needs.
– Draft and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents on behalf of the Executive Director.
– Secure appropriate signatures and track documents through the approval process on behalf of the Executive Director.
– Prepare agendas for meetings, briefing materials and presentations as needed to support the Executive Director
– Support other Senior Management staff on other projects as needed around peak times including end-of-year fundraising campaigns and events.
– Exceptional writing skills.
– Experience working in an office in an administrative role.
– Strategic thinker who is adept at multitasking in a fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes.
– Outgoing, straightforward and creative.
– Able to work independently.
– A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity and cultivates these qualities in others.
– Results oriented; adaptable, flexible problem solver.
– Experienced in GoogleSuite and Salesforce.
This is a part time 3 day a week role, the compensation will be $24 per hour. This role is also eligible for commuter benefits, paid leave, sick days, and all paid public holidays.
Please note this role is completely remote. Eyebeam is currently re-assessing work practices, but this role can be remote for its duration.
Eyebeam is an equal opportunity employer
Eyebeam aims to create a hub for conversation and practice-sharing that is aware and responsive to systemic inequities and invests in the meaningful inclusion of historically marginalized groups and voices. Eyebeam is committed to and values diversity in its organization staff and programming as defined by gender, race, ethnicity, disability-status, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, immigrant status, and socioeconomic status. With a history rooted in innovation and collaboration Eyebeam’s programs are grounded in artist community dialogue. Eyebeam supports the meaningful access to creative technology for everyone.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis until May 30, 2020. Please write “Administrative Assistant ” in the subject line.
Technology’s effect on our future is always changing and difficult to understand. Through exploratory process and emotionally compelling output, Eyebeam believes that artists can help us visualize and realize a more equitable future. Eyebeam provides both space and support for a community of diverse, justice-driven artists. Our annual residency program, highly engaged community of alumni, advanced tools and resources, and shows and events help our artists bring their work to life and out into the world.
Eyebeam enables people to think creatively and critically about technology’s effect on society, with the mission of revealing new paths toward a more just future for all.