Digital Day Camp 2011
During Digital Day Camp 2011, 20 NYC teens will spend 3-weeks working under the guidance of a team of creative mentors to produce a series of deep, media-rich stories about our NYC neighborhoods. Their stories will become part of a web-based, interactive map that could include photographs, drawings, videos, music, games, words, infographics, etc—we are limited only by our imagination. Final projects will be presented at a public event organized and promoted by Eyebeam.
Application period has passed.
Accepted students will be notified on Thursday, June 16
Program blog: http://eyebeamddc2011.tumblr.com/
See what the students made, day by day!
Starting: Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Ending: Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Final presentation: Tuesday, July 26, 2010, 6PM–8PM
Location: Eyebeam – 540 W 21st Street (btwn 10th & 11th Avenue)
Students are paid a $25/day stipend, paid out at the program’s conclusion.
Digital Day Camp is a competitive program. This year we will select 20 teens from all over NYC who represent a diversity of interests and backgrounds to participate in the program. A student is eligible to apply if s/he:
- Is currently enrolled in a NYC public high school (is at least in the 9th grade as of June 2011), and is not graduating this year;
- Can recruit a teacher, school staff member, or community group organizer to fill out the DDC Recommendation form;
- Can demonstrate an interest in art, technology, and/or cultural/political issues;
- Has an exemplary attendance record and a willingness to learn new things;
- Is available for the entire duration of each day at the Digital Day Camp!!!
Previous experience with new media tools and technology is not preferred or a prerequisite for the program. Ideal candidates are interested in new learning experiences and opportunities to spend time with NYC teens, artists, and technologists.
Program Documentation: http://eyebeamddc2011.tumblr.com/
Digital Day Camp 2011 is made possible by a generous grant from the New Youth City Learning Network Fund at The New York Community Trust.