Manager of Operations
Applications Open – Manager of Operations
Eyebeam is seeking a dedicated and organized Manager of Operations to work with them on their operational systems and processes while looking for opportunities of improvement.
The Manager of Operations is responsible for systems and processes the organization uses every single day. A few of the main duties are managing the key organization timelines, financial oversight, working with vendors, executing existing organizational policies and implementing new organizational policies.
Eyebeam is a values-driven organization that supports its staff to grow and prosper in their roles. This also includes opportunities for professional development, flexible working environments, and access to Eyebeam’s networks of collaborators. Eyebeam values accessibility and inclusion in the workplace and in our programs, and encourages applicants to make access requests during this recruitment process and throughout the role. We provide paid leave and “refresh” days: unlimited days off for immediate usage in response to any need, for this role ensuring all staff feel supported and are able to participate at full capacity.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Overseeing: Administrative Assistant
– Help construct draft organizational budgets in collaboration with Executive Director and ArtsPool (NYC-based administrative cooperative, handling Eyebeam’s accounting and workplace compliance needs).
– Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
– Review financial information and help adjust operational budgets to ensure stability and maintain growth.
– Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
– Lead recruitment and termination administration.
– Performing other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
– Provides financial projections, assists in preparation of growth plans, and directs staff in program specific budget management.
– Develops organizational strategies with ArtsPool by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations, establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
– Assists ED in organizational audit with independent accountants.
– Maintain 1Password account for relevant passwords.
– Lead all day-to-day finance management including reconciliation, paying contractors, and finance oversight.
– Manages fiscal sponsorship available to former Eyebeam artists.
– Manage grant administration, contracts, and final reports.
– Updates job requirements and job descriptions for all positions as well as reviewing compensation strategies. Prepares induction guides for new employees, introducing relevant IT access; and sharing employee handbook and policies.
– Set up new employees and contractors in Eyebeam’s HR system that manages benefits and contractor payments.
– Scheduling reviews (twice yearly) for staff, assisting the ED
– Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by working with managers; responsible for receipt of any employee grievance
– Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
– Retains historical human resource records through BeyondPay and Zenefits online systems.
– Contributes to morale of the organization by setting up regular opportunities to socialize and working with ED on employee incentives.
– Oversee organization’s insurance policies including Directors and Officer, Public Liability, and Disability Insurance.
– Oversee all building matters including liaising with landlords, cleaners, maintenance and security.
– Plans, organizes, maintains, and manages the operations and reliability of Eyebeam facilities and general infrastructure systems.
– Updates and maintains a list of Eyebeam facilities equipment, including life-cycle and replacement costs.
– Strong writing skills
– Proven experience as Manager of Operations or equivalent position
– Excellent organizational abilities
– Outstanding communication and people skills
– Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
– In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. finance, customer service etc.)
– Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
– Experience with MS Office and GoogleSuite and various business software including Xero, BeyondPay, Zenefits, Slack, Salesforce and MightyCause.
– BA in business/arts administration or relevant field;/MA will be a plus
This is a full time role with compensation of $58,500. The role also offers medical, dental, vision and life insurance. This role is also eligible for commuter benefits, paid leave, sick days, and all paid public holidays.
Please note this role will start as completely virtual, but will likely involve onsite component in the future.
Please apply through Submittable right here.
We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis until June 25.
Commitment to Diversity:
Eyebeam aims to create a hub for conversation and practice-sharing that is aware and responsive to systemic inequities and invests in the meaningful inclusion of historically marginalized groups and voices. Eyebeam is committed to and values diversity in its organization staff and programming as defined by gender, race, ethnicity, disability-status, age, sexual orientation, immigrant status, and socioeconomic status. With a history rooted in innovation and collaboration Eyebeam’s programs are grounded in artist community dialogue. Eyebeam supports the meaningful access to technology for everyone.
Technology’s effect on our future is always changing and difficult to understand. Through exploratory process and emotionally compelling output, Eyebeam believes that artists can help us visualize and realize a more equitable future. Eyebeam provides both space and support for a community of diverse, justice-driven artists. Our annual residency program, highly engaged community of alumni, advanced tools and resources, and shows and events help our artists bring their work to life and out into the world.
Eyebeam enables people to think creatively and critically about technology’s effect on society, with the mission of revealing new paths toward a more just future for all.